Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Two Cities: Two Different Experiences

Well, my time in Orlando was very good.  It was great to see my dad and catch up with him.  I was able to do a few "business" things for him and we went out to lunch both days.  He is doing very well and really likes where he is living right now...Thank God! I also had a chance to visit with my brother Jim and his family.  We shared some laughs and ate some very good Chinese food.  I filled them in on my experience in Mexico...for some reason they did not want to speak Spanish to me?  I also had the opportunity to visit with a former co-worker of mine, Erin.  We met for an early dinner and spent almost 3 hours together sharing and catching up.  It was great to see her too...she lives pretty close to my dad so it made it easy to visit with her after I spent time with my dad.  My almost 3 days in Orlando was short, but great!

Then, I was off to San Antonio for Provincial Council meetings.  I arrived Friday evening.  One of our Brothers passed away and Friday afternoon was the funeral, so I literally got off the plane and then went into the social after the funeral Mass.  I was able to see many people and catch up with them too.  Our meetings started the next day at the University. Each day I woke up early to get my 5 miles of walking in before the meeting! Our meetings lasted only 2 days but they were action packed and we covered a lot of ground in those two days.  We went out to the River Walk for dinner on Saturday night to a place called Boudrous.  It was excellent and the River Walk was packed with people!

Here's a look at the campus
Front entrance to St. Mary's

Statue of St. Joseph

Marianist Cemetery on grounds of the University


Yesterday we celebrated the Feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary, it is considered the patronal feast of the Society of Mary.  We had Mass in the community in the morning and one of the Brothers in San Antonio gave a very good reflection about commitment to the Society of Mary.  The day was filled with many activities, walking, and grading for my on-line class which finished this past Sunday. 

This weekend we will have a Vocation Discernment Retreat in Mexico.  We expect between 3-5 young men to attend.  Please keep this in your prayers!  I hope all is well in your neck of the woods...until we meet again, let us remember to pray for one another!






3 comments:

  1. Boudrous is my favorite restaurant on the River Walk... A little pricey for going too often, but a great treat!
    Prayers for your discernment retreat and greetings to Nereo and Chui!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... and way to go on the weight loss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It helps when the Council picks up the tab! Thanks about the weight loss, I have 12-15 more lbs to go to hit my goal. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete