Sunday, May 8, 2016

Congreso in Lima, Peru


Good morning all! A very Happy Mother's Day to all my good friends!

Well, it was a busy week at the meeting.  A total of close to one hundred Marianist educators gathered at the Retreat Center in Lima, Peru for the Conference.  The group included vowed male and women religious, and lay collaborators from schools in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador and Mexico.  Each day there was time for prayer, presentations, small group and large group work.  We began each day at 8am with Breakfast and most days concluded around 11-12pm with socials hosted by different countries.  I was definitely tired at the end of each day.  Listening and speaking in Spanish all that time really took its toll, and especially because each country speaks Spanish differently...just try understanding the Argentinians!  The socials were a lot of fun, lot's of goodies from each country, favorite drinks and dance music.  Some countries were very creative and well prepared in their presentations.  It was a great way to end each day.  Each morning I walked between 5-6 miles so that I could get my steps in for the day and because the diet was not very Weight Watcher friendly....lot's of rice, very little salad ,very little vegetables, and small portions of protein.  I did the best I could, but I had to eat!

As part of our time together we also visited some area schools, took a tour of a Fountain Park, ate in El Centro, and attended an evening of Folk Dance presented by the students and faculty of Maria Reina School.  It was a great time!

I return to Mexico tomorrow.  I have been away for a long time and really wish I was returning tonight but there was an error in the communication of the original dates, so here I am for an additional day. 
The Mexican Delegation: Me, Br. Juan Pablo, Br. Jose Luis
The Vowed Religious
Participants
Retreat Center


All the participants at the Cultural Event at Maria Reina


Country Displays


Argentina

Equador
Mexico

Chile

Colombia

Brazil

Peru



Rosary for the Countries

The Fountains








1 comment:

  1. Thanks to share this post its all information is really great and helpful for me and other users.

    Ayahuasca Retreats

    ReplyDelete